Follow Me on Pinterest

It's Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day
I have always loved Valentine's Day!  It is such a sweet holiday!  When I was younger I loved to get chocolate in a fancy box. I did enjoy the candy but that was not the major attraction.  My father, Buddy Lally, always brought me a  red satin heart shaped box of chocolates with a beautiful doll on top.  The doll was always dressed in a beautiful gown trimmed with lots of ruffles and lace.  After the chocolates were gone my mom Claire would hang the beautifully decorated box lids in my bedroom up close to the ceiling. Dozens of hearts lined the ceiling of my bedroom and the beautiful dolls were lined up like fairy princesses.  Today with all the weight watching going on I don't encourage chocolate gifts anymore, but I do appreciate kind words and a thoughtful Valentine - especially from those I love.  And thankfully I am never disappointed!  I even received one from a knitting buddy (thank you Eileen) and I am going to pass it on to you . So Kiss your loved ones and enjoy the true meaning of St. Valentine's Day!

No comments: