Follow Me on Pinterest

Italian Night!

I admit - I am obsessive!  There I have agreed with my husband.  He is always saying that I don't just do things until they are finished - I keep doing & doing & doing!  I know this is one of my biggest faults but most times it does bring good results.  In fact he will not be complaining at dinner tonight as I have made one of his favorites which has been perfected by doing over & over & over.  Cooking is my other compulsion after knitting.  My friends will surely tell you that when they come to my house for any occasion the food is more than plentiful.  I guess it is my Italian upbringing.  I never want anyone to go away hungry or wishing for something else. My sister and brother often laugh at this since we are all cut from the same cloth!  Anyway tonight is Italian night.  Since I had a busy day which started with 1 1/2 hours at the gym and then some test knitting I knew I didn't have time to make the gravy (sauce to those of you who are not Italian) from scratch - but the meatballs are a must.  My siblings and I do not eat anyone's meatballs but our own.

Meatball ready to be cooked
Cooked in Olive Oil!
After all - there can be strange things added to meatballs.  I was taught to make meatballs by my Irish grandmother - Gertrude - who married into an Italian family.  She and her husband Daniel had six children and as a young Irish bride she learned to make all his favorites.  She taught me her secrets when I was a teenager and I loved to spend time cooking with her.

De-glazing the pan with wine!  Can't leave all the good stuff behind!
Add it to the sauce!

So this afternoon I made one of Joe's favorites and he will not be complaining about my compulsive behavior tonight. In fact - I hear him in the kitchen and I know that he is eating the meatballs right out of the pot!!!
Cooking away - almost ready for dinner!

No comments: