Follow Me on Pinterest

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY - LOTS OF BENEFITS!!!

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!!!  I am really excited but not for the reasons you may think.  Yes I do love the Pittsburgh Steelers - after all I did live in Pittsburgh for almost 10 Years.  But my love of Super Bowl Sunday of course has to do with knitting and SALES!  My friend Bonnie and I love to check out the sales - especially at a small yarn store in Hilton Head called the Courtyard.  Every year on Super Bowl Sunday the owner Jennifer has an amazing sale in which the discount percentage is the same as that years number of the Super Bowl.  Yes - that is correct!  This year there was a 45% discount on all yarn in stock.  OMG - Bonnie and I had heart palpation's as we entered the store.  What should we look at first - should we bring a basket with us to hold our precious cargo - maybe a rolling cart would be better.  Should we concentrate on different yarns to look at - should we bring patterns with us - would our credit cards be able to cover the charges!!   And when all is said and done - how the heck are we going to get it all in the house without our hubbies having a heart attack.  I can already hear my husband - yes it is beautiful but where are you going to put it.  You can get the doors closed on the four floor to ceiling cabinets that I just installed for all of your stash.  Well we did make some smart purchases and we did not break the bank.  I bought some soft Sublime Luxurious Woolly Merino 







 to make a sweater and beautiful Noro King for a shawl I am designing.







Bonnie settled on some pretty baby yarn to make kimono's for the twin granddaughters that she is anxiously awaiting, as well as some Noro King to help knit my new design.   We both agreed that our day was a big success!

2 comments:

Ilse said...

OMG, Lynn, more yarn? I'm making another Wrap Me Up and purchased Silk Garden for that. STarted Saturday night and I"m on Square 11. Went to Unwind yesterday afternoon. We sat a bit and chatted and were home by 6. Stopped by at Gaucho's in Savannah on Bull at Liberty. They are having a 75% off sale on some neat clothing. Sale runs until everything is sold
Ilse

Purls By The Sea said...

Wow you are knitting that fast. I just love the Wrap Me Up pattern.