Follow Me on Pinterest

The Subject of Willpower!

 I don't know where the time goes.  It sure is flying by.  Today started off with some exercise!  Well in my head anyway.  I absolutely will get to the gym tomorrow.  Joe and I have been really good about it - averaging three times a week - although I am still waiting to love it!   It is a necessary evil and is the only way we can stay in shape with all the eating we do. 



 Every activity here in Sun City revolves around food - and good food. Then there is the wine - oh the wine.  I thought about giving up wine for lent - but then I realized that wasn't realistic.  Then I considered sweets - OMG with my sweet tooth - not possible.  And I don't think my husband could live with me if I did that. After all, dark chocolate is a basic food group isn't it?  What about a ban on buying yarn - maybe I could do that considering I have two floor to ceiling cabinets filled with yarn. Well....no that wouldn't work.  Ilse, Bonnie and I are going to do this fabulous shawl 


out of Prism Light Stuff and I can get a good buy on it at Ravelry from someone who is trying to destash. (Isn't that what I should be doing?)  So.... that ends the no buying ban.  Well maybe I can give up exercise....yep that sounds like a plan - but not a good one even though sleeping late sounds like a great idea!  Guess I don't have any willpower after all. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My son went to a Catholic high school and he was directed to think of Lent as not giving up something as much as doing something, like a charitable work or doing something to help someone. To me, that is so much better than denying oneself of pleasure. You are already doing your wonderful work with the cancer gifts bags, so no guilt trip allowed for you.